My flippin’ good flapjacks will make you come back for more. This no-fail recipe takes little effort. It is super easy to make and takes less than 5 minutes to make the batter.
Flapjacks are most probably the ultimate comfort food and inexpensive. Delicious all year round and could be served for breakfast, as a snack or dessert.
Enjoyed either sweet or savoury with it’s endless possibilities of toppings.
Flippin' Good Flapjacks
Delicious all year round and served either plain, sweet or savoury.
Prep time: 5 min plus 20 min to rest
Cooking time: 10 min
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter, meltd
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg, milk and butter until blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and beat well using a whisk.
- Do not be alarmed if batter looks lumpy. Cover with clingwrap and let the mixture rest for 20 min.
- Lightly grease a large pan and place on medium heat.
- Add 2tbsp of batter per flapjack and cook until bubbles form and brown.
- Turn the flapjacks and cook on the other side until nice and brown.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.