In my house, cookies doesn’t last very long in the cookie jar. In fact some don’t even make it to the cookie jar. Now that we are entering the most wonderful time of the year; baking cookies will surely add to that festive feeling. From biscotti, buttery shortbread and gingerbread – I always gift jars of cookies to the senior citizens in my family. Homemade edible gifts are just so special and this year I plan to include these red velvet crinkle cookies.
These red velvet crinkle cookies are irresistible. They are crisp on the outside and fudgy on the inside. I think you are going to love this and that’s why I’m sharing this recipe with you.
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
fudgy and irresistible
Prep time: 10 min
Chilling time: 40 min
Baking time: 10 min
2 cups cake flour
2 Tbs cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¾ cup light brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp red food coloring
⅓ cup chocolate chips
¾ cup icing sugar
- In a mixing bowl; sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate mixing bowl; cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, vanilla and food coloring.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Then add chocolate chips and stir through mixture.
- Wrap dough in clingwrap and chill in the fridge for 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a tablespoon to measure the size of the cookie; shape the dough in balls and then roll in icing sugar.
- Make sure the cookie balls are completely coated in icing sugar.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until the cookies have cracked. Do not overbake.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.