In a previous post I mentioned that I am trying to cut down on my carb intake. I love granola but finding store bought ones that is not loaded with carbs or sugar is difficult. Therefore I decided to make my own, which is tastier and healthier. My tasty low carb homemade granola does not contain oats, honey or maple syrup. View Post
My flippin’ good flapjacks will make you come back for more. This no-fail recipe takes little effort. It is super easy to make and takes less than 5 minutes to make the batter.
Flapjacks are most probably the ultimate comfort food and inexpensive. Delicious all year round and could be served for breakfast, as a snack or dessert.
Enjoyed either sweet or savoury with it’s endless possibilities of toppings.
Flippin' Good Flapjacks
Delicious all year round and served either plain, sweet or savoury.
Prep time: 5 min plus 20 min to rest
Cooking time: 10 min
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg, milk and butter until blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and beat well using a whisk.
- Do not be alarmed if batter looks lumpy. Cover with clingwrap and let the mixture rest for 20 min.
- Lightly grease a large pan and place on medium heat.
- Add 2tbsp of batter per flapjack and cook until bubbles form and brown.
- Turn the flapjacks and cook on the other side until nice and brown.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.