We almost heading towards the end of winter but with the cold weather still lurking around there is nothing better than hearty chicken and corn soup. It just warms your soul when you taste it. Unlike other soups that takes hours to boil, this recipe is super quick and easy to prepare. I have added my own twist to this recipe just to spice it up a little bit and to give it a bit of a kick.
With less than an hour to prepare and cook, you will serve up a delicious meal in no time. It is yumminess in a bowl.
Hearty Creamy Chicken and Corn Soup
Soul warming and deliciousness.
Baking time: 45 min
1 tbs butter
1 medium onion
5 boneless and skinless chicken breast
1 cup cream (240ml)
2 celery sticks
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper
1 tin creamed styled sweetcorn
1 packet cream of mushroom soup
- Cut chicken breast into small chunks.
- Chop onions, celery and crush garlic.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and add the onions with a pitch of salt.
- Cook onions for 4 minutes until onions are glossy. Once onions are glossy, add crushed garlic and celery.
- Then add crushed garlic and celery and satay for another 3 minutes.
- Add smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and cumin with a little pit of water.
- Add chicken and let it satay for 15 minutes.
- Then add sweet corn.
- Mix the packet of cream of mushroom soup with 250ml of milk to dissolve particles. Add to the chicken and sweet corn mix along with the rest of the milk (750ml).
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir with wooden spoon to check if it does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add cream and pepper to taste and let it simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.