Gooey brownies are my family’s ultimate weakness. I often make a batch and it disappears as soon as it has cooled. These triple chocolate and nut brownies are decadent and gives you a taste explosion.
It is fudgy, rich and has oozing chocolate chucks in the centre. Any chocolate lover’s dream dessert or treat.
Of course you can use a box mix but nothing compares to making it from scratch. Omit the nuts if you or your family have a nut allergy. After trying my recipe, you will definitely not revert back to the box mix – that is how good these triple chocolate and nut brownies are. So go ahead and bake a batch.
Triple Chocolate and Nut Brownies
Delicious with or without ice cream or whipped cream.
Prep time: 5 min
Baking time: 30 min
- 250g melted butter
- 1½ cups of castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup chopped nuts (hazelnuts/pecan nuts)
- 120g chopped milk chocolate (slab)
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate
- 2 Tbsp milk to loosen mixture
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place sugar and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl then add melted butter and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in well.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add nuts, chocolate chips and chopped chocolate to the mixture and fold in.
- Once nuts and chocolate is incorporated, add milk.
- Switch mixer back on and mix through.
- The mixture must be slightly loose, if mixture is too stiff add more milk and mix again.
- Grease a 20x20cm tin or brownie tin and line with baking paper; add mixture to the tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes if you like yours gooey or 35 minutes if you like yours slightly firmer.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cut in squares and the brownies should be gooey inside.
- Dust with icing sugar.