Chocolate lovers will enjoy this gooey triple chocolate brownie. Best enjoyed straight out of the oven with oozing chocolate chunks in the centre.
Triple Chocolate and Nut Brownies
Delicious with or without ice cream or whipped cream.
Prep time: 20 min
Baking time: 35 min
- 250g melted butter
- 2 cups of castor sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cake flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chopped nuts (hazelnuts)
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 120g chopped milk chocolate (slab)
- 3 Tbsp milk to loosen mixture
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place sugar and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl then add melted butter and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in well.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add nuts, chocolate chips and chopped chocolate to the mixture and fold in.
- Once nuts and chocolate is incorporated, add milk.
- Switch mixer back on and mix through.
- The mixture must be slightly loose, if mixture is too stiff add more milk and mix again.
- Grease a 20x24cm tin or brownie tin and line with baking paper; add mixture to the tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until just baked through but not still wobbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cut in squares and the brownies should be gooey inside.
- Dust with icing sugar.